- 1c. dry falafel mix
- 1c. flour
- 3 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ c. solid coconut oil cut
- 2 tbs. flax seed meal
- 6 tbs. water
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- Mix water and flax seed meal. Let stand.
- Combine dry ingredients: falafel mix, flour, sugar, baking powder.
- Cut the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until crumbly leaving pea sized chunks of coconut oil.
- Lightly beat flax seed meal mixture and almond milk.
- Make a well in the center of dry mixture and pour in liquid.
- With a spatula, fold gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently place dough on top of toasted sesame seeds and press lightly until even about ¾” thick. Cut into 2-3” squares. Flip over with sesame side and place 1” apart up onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 min at 400 degrees or until lightly browned.
SUGGESTION: Serve with tahini and date molasse.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.